Sally LaPointe, Roberto Cavalli, Max Mara
Be a fashion pioneer this season in some classic leopard-spot or zebra-striped pieces as animal print continues to reign over fashion. The eternally stylish prints are everywhere, on everything, at every price. So, take a walk on the wild side and unleash the beast in you as we find out the wildest animal prints in town, waiting for you to get your paws on!
Animal prints can either add a touch of class and glamour to a smart outfit or produce a fashion faux pas. Here’s how to prowl it in style…
Start with accessories
- The best way to get started with an out-there trend in fashion is with accessories. From shoes to handbags, scarves to belts, jewellery, hats and even socks, accessorizing with animal print can be fun, stylish and sexy.
Don’t overdo it
- Ensure to keep things simple and let the print be your statement. If black is boring, consider an animal print blouse with a pair of neutral pants or a pencil skirt. Take into consideration your body type, and that prints draw attention toward the areas they cover. And to make it even edgier, mix metals.
Nathalie Emmanuel Instagram
- For some, mixing leopard with bold animal patterns can be a really fun way of reinventing the style, and the key to mixing is to either wear the same print in different colours or different prints in similar colours.
- Remember not to wear more than three animal print accessories at once. If you have got the handbag and shoe happening, you can add an animal pin, scarf, sweater, or bracelet – but not all of them at once.
Experiment with colours
- If you are wearing an animal print dress or top, you can tone it down by wearing a single-coloured-cardigan or jacket over your dress in a colour that blends well with your wild print. A streamlined black belt or a leopard print hat can be a perfect add-on too.
Hailee credit - Tomford
Credit - Rihanna Instagram
- Do pair your animal print accessories with denim or bright colours – but chose just one colour. For instance, a great red dress can look amazing when accessorized with leopard or zebra print. But if the top is red, the bottom is blue and the heels are green, adding an animal print scarf or bag is just too much activity for the eye to focus on at once. - Anisha