Chif Sanjay Maini, Pastry-Chef, at Radission Blue Plaza Hotel, Hyderabad
Chef Sanjay Maini is a renowned pastry chef at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel. He is extremely passionate about baking, and he makes some unique desserts. Not just the taste, even his presentation is beyond excellence.
Passion Fruit Jell
passion fruit puree
White Chocolate Mascarpone Mousse
white chocolate chips
Passion Fruit Jell
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C).
2. To make the brownie layer: In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, egg, water and vegetable oil. Stir until the batter is thick and smooth.
3. Take an 8-inch pan and pour the batter. Smooth the surface of the batter using a knife or a spatula.
4. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and use a spatula to press down the top. Let it cool at room temperature.
5. To make the passion fruit jello: In a small bowl, combine the gelatine and water. Set this mixture aside.
6. In a large bowl, mix passion fruit puree and powdered sugar until smooth and shiny.
7. Microwave the gelatine mix for 10 seconds, then combine the passion fruit gently.
8. Pour into the pan over the brownie base and smooth the top using a spatula or knife. Freeze for 20 minutes.
9. To make white chocolate: In a small bowl, take Mascarpone cheese mousse, combine with water and gelatine. Set this mixture aside.
10. In a large bowl, combine the white chocolate chips and heavy cream. Microwave for 20-second increments, stirring between each until melted.
11. Microwave the gelatine for 10 seconds, then add to the white chocolate mascarpone mixture. Gently fold in half of the whipped cream. Once it’s well incorporated, fold in the remaining whipped cream.
12. Pour the mousse on top of the batter layer. Smooth using a spatula or knife. Freeze overnight.
13. Remove the cake from the freezer and release the pan. Cut the white chocolate mascarpone mousse into sixths and evenly place it around the rim of the cake, or decorate as desired!
14. Before serving, let the cake thaw for 15 minutes.