White Chocolate and Raspberry Indulge with Mascarpone Mousse
white chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325F. To make the brownie layer, combine the brownie mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and water. Stir until the batter is smooth and thick. Pour the batter into an eight inch pan and smooth the top with a spatula or knife.
2. Bake for 25 minutes. Then remove from the oven and use a spatula to press down the top. Let it cool to room temperature. To make the raspberry mousse, combine the gelatin and water in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Mix the raspberry puree and powdered sugar in a large bowl until it’s smooth and shiny. Microwave the gelatin mix for 10 seconds and then mix the raspberry into it. First fold half the whipped cream and then fold in the remaining.
4. Pour this mixture over the brownie base and smooth the top with a spatula or knife and freeze for 20 minutes. To make the white chocolate, take the mascarpone cheese mousse in a small bowl and combine gelatine and water and set aside.
5. Combine the white chocolate chips and heavy cream and microwave in 20 second instalments, stirring between each, until it is melted. Microwave the gelatin for 10 seconds and add the white chocolate mascarpone mixture to it.
6. Gently fold half of the whipped cream into it and then fold the remaining. Pour the batter over the raspberry layer and smooth it with a spatula or knife. Freeze this overnight. Remove cake from the freezer and take it out of the pan.
7. Cut the chocolate mascarpone raspberry mousse into six pieces and place around the rim of the cake or decorate as desired. Let the cake thaw for 15 minutes before serving.