Are you trying to shed those extra kilos? Then apart from working out in the gym or indulging in physical workout, you must make some simple changes in your diet. One of the most essential things to keep in mind while you are trying to lose weight is to consume healthy and nutritious diet. One of the key ways to reach an ideal weight is to have knowledge of the kind of foods to eat and what not to.
Not all foods that you eat have the same effect on your hunger levels and the amount of calories you burn. In this article, let us see what foods to eat and to avoid when you are trying to lose weight.
Some healthy foods to eat:
• Green leafy vegetables- An excellent way to make sure you are consuming nutritious food without increasing the intake of calories is to incorporate fresh leafy vegetables into your diet. Green veggies like Spinach, Kale, and cabbage are rich in essential mineral and vitamins.
• Eggs- Eggs are a major source of proteins, fats and they are extremely good for people who are trying to lose weight. Eggs are full of vital nutrients that your body needs for proper functioning. Make sure to eat the yolk also as most of the nutrients are present in the yolk.
• Salmon- Another delicious yet healthy food to incorporate in your diet chart is salmon. It consists of healthy fats, and proteins. Salmon also ensures proper functioning of the thyroid gland. Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, these acids play a crucial role in helping one lose weight.
Foods to avoid:
• Sugary drinks- Several drinks like fruit juices, sports drinks, and sodas are a strict no if you are trying to lose weight. These drinks not only add calories to your diet but they don't keep you full for long hours, as a result you tend to feel hungry quickly and eat more food.
• Wheat products- Certain wheat products like bread, pasta do not help in weight loss rather they are generally high in carbohydrates and calories.
• Fried foods- Fried foods like chips, and French fries are loaded with calories and also contain sugar, salts and fats. If you are looking for a healthy snack to munch on then eat a bowl of carrots or an apple.
Pic Courtsey: pixabay.com