Does the thought of exercising during menstruation seem like a crazy idea? Most women during their periods avoid working out. But guess what, there's really no reason to skip out going to the gym or indulging in various forms of physical activity. Just because you’re on your periods, the health benefits of exercise do not stop. In fact exercise has shown to be very beneficial even during menstruation.
In this article, we give a list of useful workout tips:
- If you’re bleeding heavy, then you must avoid hitting the gym for the first two days.
- For women who are on their periods should not indulge in high intense exercises such as running, jumping, and dancing. As these rigorous workouts may lead to heavy flow.
- For those of you, who don’t have a heavy flow; opt for low to moderate workouts such as mild strength training or walking.
- During menstruation, one of the best forms of exercise is yoga. Yoga is known to provide immense health benefits even during your periods. However you must not perform poses that require you to be upside down.
- Breathing exercises work wonders on your body when you’re on your periods. Pranayama or breathing exercises provide relief from cramp pains. Some effective techniques are: Viloma Pranayama, centre breathing and Ujjayi Pranayama.
- Remember, you must not indulge in physical exercises that create pressure in the abdominal area.
Pic Courtsey: pixabay.com