As people are asked to stay indoors due to the coronavirus, several of them are scrolling though social media platforms and discovering creative ways to keep themselves occupied. People have started a variety of challenges on social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, twitter and several others.
Some of the most trending things you'll see on Instagram are:
1. The Handemoji challenge- It sounds a little intimidating but this latest trend was started on TikTok and now its trending on Instagram. In order to take part in this challenge, all you have to do is enact nine different hand gestures to the fast paced beat ‘Lalala’ by Y2k and Bbn0$. Some of the nine different gestures are peace, thumbs up and thumbs down. Several celebrities like Alia Bhatt, Parineeti Chopra, Nick Jonas, tried their hand at this challenge.
2. Dalgona Coffee- If your constantly on instagram, I bet you know what I'm talking about. The Dalgona coffee challenge has been trending. This is a creamy coffee made by rigorously mixing instant coffee powder, sugar and water. Once the mixture becomes fluffy, you just have to add some cold milk. This trend was started in South Korea and has instantly became viral. Several people are trying this coffee and sharing pictures and videos on their instagram page.
3. Safehandschallenge- As the coronavirus has been affecting millions of people across the world, The World Health Organisation (WHO) has advised people and healthcare professionals to follow a simple precautionary measure to combat this deadly virus, which is to regularly wash your hands before eating or when you touch anything that you bought from outside. To join the safehands challenge all one has to do is to record and upload a video of washing your hands according to the guidelines shown by the WHO. You can even tag your friends and family to take part in this challenge. Several celebrities and people are posting videos on their social media accounts particularly on Instagram.
4. Online Bingo- Along with some food, informative trends that are gaining popularity on instagram, people are participating in the online bingo trend. The way this game works is people are sharing boxes of information created in the form of a bingo card and checking off the things that love to do or are doing during this quarantine period. They are even tagging their friends and family to join this trend.
5. Fitness challenge- we must have all read or seen videos of medical professionals stressing on the importance of exercise along with a proper nutrition as a preventive measure to combat coronavirus. Many people are utilizing this quarantine period to focus on their fitness by trying out some form of physical fitness. There are several fitness challenges trending on the instagram like plankchallenge, 100skippingchallenge and many more. People are not only taking up these challenges but also motivating their friends and family to workout.
6. Instagram lives- Another big trend that is seen going viral on instagram is several musicians are using their instagram account to perform live. Stars like Miley Cyrus, Chris Martin, John Legend are giving live performances on social media. They are also using this platform to interact with fans by answering their questions. This is not all, many celebrities are also taking to instagram and creating awarness about the coronavirus and how to stay safe.
7. Toilet paper challenge- Another interesting challenge that has been widely seen on instagram is the toilet paper challenge. Football stars like Bruno Fernandes, Lionel Messi, Anthony Martial have tried this challenge. All one has to do is take a toilet roll and juggle as you would with a football 10 times before it hits the ground, then challenge your friends and family to do the same.
Pic Courtsey: Alia Bhatt’s instagram
Priyanka Chopra instagram