Since ancient times, Garlic is used for both cooking and for medicinal purposes. Garlic has a pungent flavour and it is one of the commonly used ingredients for preparing delicious dishes.
It belongs to the plant in the Allium family. It was originally grown in Siberia and later spread to other countries. This amazing ingredient is used to treat several health conditions. It is popularly used to treat problems related to heart.
In this article, we give a rundown of a few health benefits of garlic.
1. Garlic is used to treat stomach ulcers, shortness of breath due to liver disease.
2. It provides relief against fungal and bacterial infections.
3. Garlic is known as an excellent ingredient to strengthen your immune system. It prevents cold and flu.
4. Garlic is rich in antioxidants, which prevent Alzheimer’s and dementia disease.
5. This pungent flavoured ingredient is said to improve bone health
6. It is used to treat osteoarthritis
7. Garlic reduces high blood pressure and lowers cholesterol levels.
8. It contains fewer calories, hence garlic aids in weight loss
9. Garlic eaten in crushed or chopped manner is known to release Sulphur compounds, which have medicinal properties.
Pic Courtsey: pixabay.com