Mangosteen also known as 'Queen of Fruits' is a tropical fruit that is originated from Southeast Asia. This delicious fruit is referred as Purple mangosteen because of its deep purple colour. Although mangosteen is low in calories, it offers several vital nutrients.
The minerals and vitamins in mangosteen help in maintaining bodily functions, enhance immunity levels and strengthens nervous system.
In this article, let us look at top three benefits.
- Cures Alzheimer’s disease- One of the main health benefits of this amazing fruit is it aids in curing Alzheimer’s disease. Alzheimer's is a progressive disease that disrupts mental functions and memory power.
- Provides relief from menstrual pain- Mangosteen is known to provide relief from premenstrual symptoms like hypertension, and mood swings. The root of Mangosteen helps in controlling the menstrual cycle in women.
- Keeps viral infections at bay- Mangosteen contain xanthones, which have an ability to safe guard from viral infections. This fruit also protects our body from getting attacked by harmful carcinogens.
- Aids in weight loss- Those of you planning to lose weight, incorporate mangosteen in your daily diet as they aid in weight loss. The presence of xanthones in the peel of this fruit helps in burning excess fat from your body.
- Other benefits include- fights gum diseases, repairs dead skin cells, prevent cancer, cures stomach problems, enhances energy levels, keeps blood pressure under control, reduces cholesterol levels and treats tuberculosis.
Pic Courtsey: pixabay.com