One of the staple ingredients in an American breakfast is eggs. When it comes to incorporating eggs in your diet, there are a number of questions running in one's mind- Are eggs healthy or not? Should we eat only egg whites or yolks? The answer to all of these questions is, eggs are indeed one of the healthy foods that are readily available. They are loaded with all the essential nutrients and minerals for maintaining good health.
In this article, let us look at some of the health benefits of eggs.
- Sharpens your brain- Eggs contain vital nutrients like folate, choline, and Vitamins B6 and B12. Your brain needs choline as it is an essential micronutrient that your body requires to make acetylcholine, a neurotrasmitter that aids in regulating memory power.
- Decreases the risk of heart diseases- The Choline in eggs plays a vital role in breaking down the homocysteine, which is an amino acid that is responsible for the development of heart diseases.
- It aids in improving vision- Eggs are extremely beneficial for good eye health. They contain zeaxanthin and Lutein, an antioxidant that helps in preventing macular degeneration, which leads to age-related blindness.
- Good for weight loss- This high-protein food keeps you full for a long time. People who are trying to lose weight must incorporate eggs in their diet.
- Akhila kakarala and Pic Courtsey: pixabay.com