Rice is one of the major staple foods in our country. This nutritious paddy crop plays a significant role in shaping the outcome of Indian lives. Due to its ability to blend well with any type of seasoning and flavor, rice is eaten in almost every household. However, in the recent times with people are becoming more health conscious and as a result this staple food is not their first choice. But, you might be surprised to know that this paddy crop is loaded with a whole lot of health benefits.
In this article, let us examine some of the top health benefits of rice.
1. Acts as an anti-inflammatory agent- For people who are sensitive to gluten and those who are allergic to proteins like barley, and oats should incorporate rice into their diet. This staple ingredient does not contain gluten and is highly nutritious.
2. Protects against cancer- Brown rice plays a crucial role in preventing against cancer. This type of rice is rich in fibre and it consists of plant lignans and phytoestrogens that are associated with lowering the risk of breast, ovarian, and prostate cancer.
3. Great source of energy- Rice acts as a prime fuel for your body and mind as it is rich in carbohydrates. It is made up of a complex system of carbohydrates that take a long time to break down. Thus, these carbohydrates provide constant supply of energy. This is one of the main reasons why people reply on rice, especially the working class. This paddy crop is loaded with essential minerals and vitamins, which facilitate better functioning of your organs.
4. Good for your skin- Several medical practitioners all over the world say that rice aids in treating various skin ailments. Ayurvedic practitioners in India prescribe rice water for curing skin conditions. The anti-inflammatory properties in rice make it an effective remedy for treating redness and skin irritation. This staple crop is also good for delaying the appearance of wrinkles on your skin.
5. Boosts metabolism- Apart from having minerals and vitamins, rice consists of calcium, fibre, iron, vitamin D, niacin and riboflavin. All of these essential vitamins boost the immune system, aid in proper functioning of the organ system and strengthens the metabolism.
Pic Courtsey: pixabay.com