Summer is here! While we all are aware of the fact that the scorching heat can surely take a toll on your skin and your overall health, one must not ignore the fact that it can even damage your hair. Hence, this summer along with taking care of your skin make sure you follow some tips to ensure your hair is healthy and beautiful.
Before we get to some of the essential hair care tips, let us understand the reason behind dry hair during summer. Overexposure to sweat and the harmful ultra violet rays from the sun tends to make your hair dry. During this season, some of the common hair issues are split ends, hair loss and dandruff. The heat from the sun may even lead to peeling off your skin’s layer inside your hair.
In order to make sure your hair is healthy and shinning, follow these simple tips.
1. Apply essential oils- Have you ever wondered why your hair becomes dry? It is because of lack of natural oils. One of the safe and effective ways to keep your hair well nourished during summer is to apply an essential oil. Take a few drops of essential oil and gently rub it over your scalp. Some good oils to use are: chamomile, rosemary, lavender, peppermint etc.
2. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo and a conditioner- As you start sweating, it clogs your hair follicles and attracts bacteria and dirt. Hence, it is very essential to wash your hair using a mild shampoo and a conditioner. It is important to rinse your hair with a conditioner because it provides strength to your hair and improves hair texture.
3. Cover your hair- Before your step out of the sun, do not forget to cover your hair. One of the best ways to avoid exposing your hair to the blazing heat is to cover it with a scarf or a cap.
4. Limit the usage of styling products- In order to maintain the level of moisture, avoid using hair styling products like blow dryers, Straightener and curlers, as they further damage your hair. Also stay away from chemical treatments, as these may damage your hair beyond repair.
5. Use a wide comb- In order to detangle your hair, replace a regular comb with a special comb consisting of wider tooth. They are best for preventing breakage of hair strands.
Pic Courtsey: pixabay.com