As the holiday season is approaching it means that you get to attend those fun filled Christmas parties with your friends and family. No doubt you would want to look your best.
The holiday season also marks the beginning of winter and during this season your skin tends to lose its moisture and looks dull. In this article we will talk about a few effective ingredients that will not only stop the damage done to your skin but will also make your face glowing.
Five effective ingredients:
Note: Before applying any of these ingredients on your face, do a test patch.
1. Aloe Vera- The white gel substance extracted from a plant, Aloe Vera works wonders not only on your skin but it is also known for its numerous health benefits. It is great for all skin types. Due to its antibacterial properties it is an excellent ingredient to get rid of skin issues like acne, blemishes, and dryness. It helps in retaining the moisture from the skin and keeps it hydrated.
How to use it: Aloe Vera can be mixed with various other ingredients and can be applied tropically as a face mask. The pure aloe Vera gel can be replaced with the traditional cleaners. It can be mixed with lemon juice, tea tree oil, coconut oil or honey. Use it on a regular basis to notice significant difference.
2. Cacao- Cacao is raw bean that is roasted and fermented to make your favourite chocolate. It is dark brown in colour and bitter. It is an amazing ingredient for your skin. Cacao prevents sun damage, repairs skin cells, and exfoliates dead cells. Cacao contains antioxidants, lipids, minerals, vitamins, and fibre.
How to use it: Cacao can be combined with honey, olive oil, lemon, milk etc.
3. Honey- Honey is not only a healthier substitute for sugar but is also works well on the face. Honey is used in most of the beauty products because of its moisturising properties. It can also be used for removing blackheads and lightens the scars. Honey is one of the best ingredients for removing tanning and brightening the skin complexion.
How to use it: Honey can be used in a numerous face masks. One of the effective and widely used face pack is honey and lemon. Other ingredients that can be mixed with honey are yogurt, tomato, turmeric, milk etc.
4. Turmeric- Turmeric is one of the best ingredients found in your kitchen cabinet for a glowing face. Turmeric is rich in anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It reduced acne scars, and also clears up from acne breakouts. Turmeric helps with psoriasis and heals wounds.
How to use it: To see excellent results turmeric can be mixed with ingredients like honey, lemon, yogurt, milk, rice flour etc. Either you can mix one or two ingredients together.
5. Moringa- Is this the first time you’re hearing moringa? You aren't alone. It is a realtively new ingredient. It is known as Moringa oleifera, a plant that is often referred to as the drumstick tree. It contains vitamin A, vitamin B1, b2, b3, calcium, potassium, folate and iron. Moringa boots the production of collagen, which helps in reducing fine lines, blemishes, sagging skin and wrinkles.
How to use it: Take some Moringa powder and mix it with water and apply it on your face. It can also be mixed with honey, lemon or both.
Pic Courtsey: pixabay.com