At some point or the other, we all experience nausea. It can be due to pregnancy, motion sickness, drinking too much alcohol, acid reflux or drug side effects. Not many of us are aware of the fact that stress, emotional wellbeing and psychological problems are also one of the main factors for nausea. Some common symptoms during nausea are dizziness, diarrhea, dry mouth, fever, abdominal pain etc.
In order to get rid of nausea one must either consult a doctor or try a few effective home remedies that provide relief.
Top five ways to prevent Nausea at home-
1. Chamomile tea- For years now, Chamomile is used to treat various health issues, it is known for curing stomach problems, anxiety, vomiting, heartburn, and nausea. Chamomile tea bags are readily available at any grocery store, all you have to do is in one cup of boiling water add one tea bag or a tablespoon of dried or fresh chamomile flowers and let it sit for about five minutes. If you’re using fresh or dried flower strain the water and drink it.
2. Ginger - Ginger is one of the common widely used ingredients to treat nausea. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it provides relief from various stomach problems and other body pains. In order to get relief from nausea, you should eat a small piece of candied or fresh ginger. One can even try some ginger tea, which you can easily make at home. Take one cup boiling water and add one-inch piece of peeled fresh ginger and leave it on for about five minutes and drink it hot.
3. Peppermint aromatherapy- Peppermint aromatherapy is also an effective method to help with nausea. One of the effective treatments for a mild nausea is to smell the aroma oil of peppermint. One can even drink peppermint tea or have a peppermint candy.
4. Snacks with starch- eating foods that contain starch also help fight against nausea. Foods that are rich in starch are salted biscuits, crackers, bread, oats, pretzels etc. The starch present in these products absorbs the acids present in stomach and provides instant relief.
5. Drink water- Not a lot of people are aware of the fact that dehydration only makes nausea worse. In order to prevent nausea, one must keep themselves well hydrated by drinking water, coconut water and also herbal teas. Sports drinks with electrolytes also help with nausea.
-Akhila Kakarala and Pic courtesy: pxhere.com, www.pexels.com, en.wikipedia.org, commons.wikimedia.org, www.singhealth.com.sg