Right from a serious injury to a minor health problem, neem is regarded as a popular traditional remedy for healing. Since ages, it is one of the main ingredients in Ayurveda, which a natural way of treating various ailments.
This medicinal herb is also known as Azadirachta indica and typically it grows in semi-tropical and tropical regions. Not only the leaves, but different parts of the neem tree like its roots, seeds, and bark are very beneficial for your overall wellbeing.
In this article, let us look at some health benefits of neem-
1. Enhances Gastric health- If you are one of those people suffering from gastric problems, then incorporate neem in your diet. This herb protects the stomach by removing harmful toxins. Neem leaves are also used for treating heartburn.
2. Aids in healing wounds- Due to the presence of anti-bacterial and antifungal properties, Neem is considered to be one of the best medicines for treating burns and wounds. Most of the medications prescribed for wounds have neem in them.
3. Good for skin and hair- It is known to be one of ideal remedies to treat issues related to skin such as acne, blackheads, and dry skin. The regenerative properties in this herb help in slowing down the process of aging. It also works wonders on your hair. It is used to cure scalp infections and is an effective ingredient for treating dandruff.
4. Plays a key role in treating cancer- Several studies have shown that neem extracts play a critical role in treating cancer. This wonderful herb contains phytochemical known as Nimbolide, which has cancer-fighting properties.
5. For good oral health- Neem is a found in almost all the oral health products. Its antibacterial properties make it an effective medicine for removing bacteria from the gums and also gets rid of bacteria that causes cavities. This herb is used in several mouthwashes as it provides fresh breath.
Pic Courtsey: pixabay.com