A perfect addition to your meal plan during summer is a healthy bowl of fruits or a refreshing fruit juice. Most people prefer having a fruit juice as it not only boosts your energy levels especially when its summer time but it is also loaded with essential vitamins and minerals. So what are you waiting for? Go grab yourself a glass of fresh fruit juice. Since it is the season of melons, why not try a honeydew melon juice.
Honey melon or honeydew melon belongs to the same family of muskmelon. It grows best in semiarid climate conditions. Coming to the health benefits, Honeydew melon is rich in several vital nutrients.
In this article, let us look at some of the health benefits of Honeydew melon.
1. Promotes healthy skin - Honeydew melon contains copper, which aids in the process of regeneration of skin cells. When the skin cells regenerate, it helps you to get rid of dead cells and keeps your skin glowing.
2. Good for strengthening your bones- Honeydew melon is a rich source of calcium, which is an essential mineral for strengthening your bones and for keeping your teeth strong.
3. Eye health- The phytonutrients like zeaxanthin and lutein in honeydew melon are vital for improving vision and keeps eye ailments at bay.
4. Boosts immunity levels- The vitamin C content in honeydew melon is good for fighting off any illnesses due to bacteria and other viruses.
5. Prevents hypertension- People who are suffering from hypertension, should incorporate honeydew melon in their daily diet. This amazing fruit is loaded with potassium content, and it helps prevent spike in blood levels.
Pic Courtsey: pixabay.com