Summer has finally arrived, and this is the time of the year when we are all exposed to the blazing heat. It is also the time when we utilise the maximum amount of water. However with the alarming rise in the rate of draught in our country, it is very essential to save water and cut water bills.
In this article, we present some useful tips on ways to conserve water-
• Make sure to turn off the water tap after every use. While brushing your teeth, make sure to turn off the water tap after you wet your brush and leave it off until you have to rinse it. This way you can reduce the amount of water that goes down the drain. Do the same for washing your hands.
• Keep your kitchen clean- By keeping your kitchen clean every day, you will be able to reduce the usage of water as you don’t need to clean frequently.
• Defrost frozen foods- In order to minimise the usage of water, one effective way is to utilise defrosting techniques to melt food instead of washing them under running water.
• Shower with less water- Every minute you cut down on the amount of water your using while taking shower, you are saving around three to six gallons of water. A best way to save water in shower is to turn off the water tap while you applying shampoo or soap all over your body. Use water only when you need it.
• Fix all your broken taps immediately- If you happen to notice a leakage from a broken pipe, then you must call the plumber and get it fixed immediately.
• Get a water efficient washing machine- During summer, it is a good idea to buy a water efficient washing machine. There are plenty of choices readily available in the market. You can make use of them to conserve water.
• Use same water- One easy and efficient technique to conserve water is to use the same amount of water to wash your vehicle and also to water your garden. If you’re planning to water your lawn, then do it in the early morning, this will prevent evaporation of water.
• Switch to rainwater harvesting- This popular method is one of the oldest methods of self-supply of water and it is a good technique to conserve water. This will allow you to recycle water for various purposes.
Pic Courtsey: pixabay.com