Have you been thinking of remodeling your home, but couldn't find the right time to do so? Well these days most of us are forced to stay home due to the coronavirus outbreak, why not utilize this time to work on renovating.
A great way to draw inspiration and motivate yourself to focus on remodeling your living spaces is to examine the work done by some of the world’s most renowned interiors designers. Not only do their visual feats but also quotes from them have an inspiring effect on us. Let us see what some of these designers have to say-
“If you want a golden rule that will fit everything, this is it: Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful” - William Morris
“For a house to be successful, the objects in it must communicate with one another, respond and balance one another”- Andrée Putman
“The home should be the treasure chest of living”- Le Corbusier
When you think of renovating- you start off with making small changes but within no time enthusiasm gets the better of you. That’s when you realize that you ended up with quit a huge bill to pay off for even the things you may not need. In order to avoid budget problems and at the same time have the house of your dreams, you have to think of budget friendly ways to remodel.
This article gives a roundup of a few budget friendly ideas to execute in your home improvement project-
1. Replace old flooring with paint- Are you bored of looking at those old flooring tiles? Why not change them by painting. Painting your floors with durable floor paints not only saves you some money but also looks beautiful. To avoid the cost of removing the existing flooring, you can paint tile floors with the colour and patterns of your choice. With simple DIY solutions you can create a variety of finishes, right from matte to a more cheerful pattern. What are you waiting for? Roll up your sleeves and put on your painter’s hat.
2. Get rid of anything you don’t use- The number one rule to make your home attractive and easy to maintain is to have only the stuff that you will use. Well, if you haven’t decluttered your space it can be quit a daunting task but don’t get demotivated. Start by one small drawer and go one room at a time. By the end of this task, you will not only get rid of everything that you are not using but it will also save you some space. You never know maybe a few of the items that you plan on throwing might be handy in decorating your home.
3. Reuse- Instead of spending money on buying new furniture to remodel your homes, consider what you already have at home and see if you can reuse them. For example, you may have excess clothes in your closet which are worn out or of no use to you, then why not use this fabric to decorate any corner of your house or make some DIY wall decor hangings with it.
4. Pay attention to small details- Another great idea to transform your living space is to consider the smallest of small details inside your house and come up with some creative ways to play around with them. For example, small things like the knobs of your kitchen cabinets can be changed with very minimal cost.
5. Make your walls look attractive- Apart from painting your walls, you can also buy a removable wall paper, which not only adds a fresh look to your home but is it also quit easy to install and comes at a cheaper price. Affordable sticky tiles are also a great option. There are plenty of DIY options you can find on the internet which will help you to create a beautiful feature out of an ordinary wall.
6. Lighting is key- No matter how many changes you make, a poor lighting can ruin the entire look of your house. A great tip to achieve a good lighting is to start by buying an overhead light at an affordable price and then consider buying some simple floor and table lamps.
7. Invest on affordable yet pretty accessories- Along with lighting, your living space needs some accessories, which can completely change the feel and look. Candles, cushions, trays, artworks, the list goes on and on. You can get all of these accessories within your budget or you may also use some DIY tips online and make your own accessories. Decorating your living space with stunning accessories will also cover some flaws on pieces that have been lying in your house.
8. Embrace the work you have done- One key point to keep in mind while your working with a budget and/or a time constraint is, often times it becomes a challenging task to make sure everything is perfect. Due to the allocation of budget and maybe not enough time, you may not get everything perfect while setting up your house. You need to let go of a few things even if they are not the way you wanted them to be. The key here is to love and embrace whatever changes you have made with the limited resources available to you.
-Akhila kakarala and Pic Courtsey: pixabay.com