The feel of cold breeze caressing your face and the wind blowing away your hair, while you are cruising your way through the picturesque places, fills a traveler’s soul with zest. These five road trips in India will definitely intrigue you to backpack and go on a road journey.
1. Manali to Leh highway is a road trip, which always tops the bucket list of a traveler. The scenic beauty is captivating and every part of it is like a perfect portrait, so, every time you blink your eyes, you'll miss out on a beautiful portrait. It is a 479 Kilometres journey and the road is open mostly in summers for 5 months every year.
2. Bangalore to Bandipur forest, this is considered as one of the most mesmerising trips that is taken along a forest. This trip can be exciting for animal lovers, as one can notice various animals taking a walk on the roads quite often. This is a 235 Kilometres trip.
3. Vishakhpatnam to Araku valley, during this trip you can notice the merger between Bay of Bengal and Eastern Ghats in Vishakhpatnam, which is a breathtaking view. Riders will be enticed by the Araku roads, as most of the roads swirl around the city. The best time to go on this trip is from October to March and it is a 116 Kilometres journey.
4. Chennai to Munnar, this road trip will leave you awe struck. Though it is a long journey you wouldn't feel it, as the greenery around you will make you feel bliss. It is a 600 Kilometres journey and also you'll capture many coffee and tea plantations on the way to Munnar.
5. Shimla to Manali, this trip can be taken via two roads, Mandi and Kinnaur, and Spiti. You'll see rivers alongside the road, if travelled via Mandi and a dip in these waters will leave you with memories for a lifetime. When drove via Kinnaur you'll cross, Sangla valley, Kalpa and higher valleys like, Nako and Chango, on your way.
..... Sneha Reddy