All purpose flour
• In a large mixing bowl, add 12 millilitres of oil, 1 tsp of salt and 250 grams of all purpose flour and mix well.
• To this mixture, add 150 millilitres of milk and knead it into a soft dough. Allow it to cool down for about 15 minutes.
• Now, take a mixing bowl, add 150 grams of grated tofu, 3 tbsp of coriander, 1 tsp green chilli, ½ tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp red chilli, and 1 tsp garam masala. Mix all the ingredients well.
• Take the soft dough and using a rolling pin, start rolling into rectangular sheets. Now place the filling in the centre. Fold the sides of the rolled sheet inwards. Start with the longer sides. Press it gently to seal the edges. It should be in the shape of an envelope.
• Now take the shorter sides and fold them such that you have a pocket of filling.
• In a frying pan, fry it on moderate heat for about 3 minutes. Brush the pieces with butter. Continue frying by flipping sides. Cook until it turns golden brown from all sides.
• Remove it from the flame and serve hot with tomato sauce.
- Akhila Kakarala
Pic Courtsey: pixabay.com