|To sauté tofu
To make spinach gravy
sugar or honey
fresh lemon juice
10 - 12 cups
1. Sauté tofu - Take a pan, heat 2 tsp of oil. Once the oil is hot, add cubed tofu. Sprinkle salt, pepper, paprika and red chili flakes. Sauté until tofu turns golden brown. Keep this aside.
2. Prepare the spinach gravy -In a pan, take 1 tsp of oil and cook the spinach. Set this aside.
3. In another pan, take 1 ½ tsp of oil on medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add roughly chopped garlic and ginger. Sauté for a few minutes until the garlic turns golden brown. Now add tomatoes and cook till they become mushy.
4. Next add spinach, cumin powder, red chili powder, salt and garam masala. Mix all the ingredients well. Cook for about 2 minutes. Allow this mixture to cool down. Once it’s completely cooled, make a puree using a blender. While making the puree, add coconut milk.
5. In the same pan, on medium heat, transfer the puree. Add ¼ cup coconut milk and mix thoroughly.
6. Once all the spices are well combined in the puree, add sautéd tofu pieces. Keep stirring and mix water if needed. You can add sugar or honey for a sweet taste. Cover and let the curry simmer for 10 minutes on medium heat.
7. Before serving, squeeze some fresh lemon. This delicious curry goes well with rice or Indian bread.
The extremely graciousMadhu Jain is the director of the company that manufactures UPVC windows and doors. When she’s not working, Madhu likes to spend time with her family and loves cooking for them. She enjoys experimenting with various kinds of delicacies. In keeping with the generous person she is, she shared two recipes that seem perfect for this weekend!