Still don't have your final look for Diwali? Don’t panic! We've called the expert for some serious SOS. Designer Manish Malhotra who is also “Love & Care’s” brand ambassador decodes exclusive styling tips to see you through your Diwali party. This is the perfect opportunity for women to bring out their luscious silks and gorgeous cottons crafted with beautiful designs and embroideries, he says.
Here are a few tips from Manish to ensure you shine bright this Diwali:
• Evoke a sense of modern style: Engaging pieces like flowing skirts paired with edgy crop tops or long tapered ones evoke a sense of modern style. For formal evenings, beautiful embellished gowns give a more dramatic feel.
• Look scintillating in a saree: Exude nine yards of vintage charm by wearing a dazzling saree this season. Sarees are versatile and this traditional Indian garment is a mainstay for any and very occasion.
• Romance beautiful minimalism: If wearing heavy outfits is not your style, tunics is also a great option. They can be worn either short or teamed up with comfortable palazzo pants. With subtle embroidery, they are a great option for a simple Diwali lunch.
• Embrace clean lines: Keep the silhouettes simple and avoid wearing multiple layers to be comfortable for a long night of festive fun. Intricately crafted kalidars and shararas are good options of festive outfits.
• Vibrant color palette: Jewel tones and elegant shades like white, ivory, ochre, beige, salmon and gold exude a festive vibe. Pick the shade that best compliments your style and choice of garments. Outfits with sequin sheathing, ivory threadwork, floral motifs and sheer play are sure to be a hit this festive season.
- Pic Courtesy: iansphoto.in