2021 is unlike any year we have seen and in parts of the country this monsoon is unlike any we have seen.
Staying healthy is essential to staying happy; and while we are well versed with the power of the mind for wellness, or the “top-down” approach as some call it, however one shouldn't underestimate the “bottom up approach” either.
With the rains comes the common cold and cough, flu and viral fevers, in addition we have COVID-19 to deal with as well. If you get sick, your immunity is lowered making you more suspectable to virus.
Our mood, health, energy and reactions are heavily influenced by our second brain; our gut, which is a result of what we eat. Try these simple recipes to help get super charged with the nutrients you need.
Overnight Chia Pudding
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 6-8 tablespoons of homemade / store bought curd
- 3/4 cup chopped Mango
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder / vanilla essence (optional)
- 1tsp of my seed powder (optional)
- 6 - 7 thin slices of coconut (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients together the night before and you are good to go in the morning
- The yogurt / curd mixture should be runny like a milkshake or dosa batter.
- Store it overnight in the fridge
- Before serving top with the chopped mango and the coconut slices
- One small banana + half an apple chopped small
- One small banana + half mango + coconut meat
- One small banana + 1 tsp instant coffee powder 1/2 cup strawberries
- One small banana + 1 tbsp cocoa powder + toasted almond slices
- Pina colada - Coconut Milk + Pineapple
- 1 heaped tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 inch square of jaggery (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 cup water
- Mix the cocoa powder into room temperature water
- Mix till there are no lumps remaining
- Add the jaggery or sweetener and simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes
- Once it starts to boil down, reduce to about 3/4 cup
- Switch off when you think its thick enough
- Sprinkle with Chocolate Powder and serve hot