With summer in full swing, the scorching heat and high humidity level seems to completely drain us out and the excessive heat makes most of us feel dehydrated and low on energy. Our body needs cooling drinks that will keep our energy levels high and one such drink is Thanda Tardoza which is loaded with goodness of watermelon is ideal to serve on any summer day. The second, Rose Thandai is a delicious summer coolant prepared with a combination of rose petals and dry nuts.
2 cups watermelon, cubed
1/2 tsp honey
1/4 tsp black salt
1/2 tsp lemon juice
3 springs of mint leaves
7 ice cubes
- In a blender, blend together the cubed watermelon, ice cubes and lemon juice.
- Strain the juice into a glass and add black salt and honey, stir well.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve chilled.
3 tbsp fennel seeds
2 tsp cucumber seeds
3 tsp sugar
250ml full cream milk
2 drops of rose essence
2 tsp poppy seeds
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp green cardamom powder
1/4 cup crushed ice cubes
50g rose petals
2 tsp Rooh Afza Syrup
- Take a cup filled with water and soak almonds, poppy seeds, fennel seeds, cucumber seeds and rose petals and leave it overnight.
- Blanch almonds and then grind all the soaked ingredients to a fine paste.
- To this paste add milk, pepper, cardamom and sugar and blend it in the blender.
- Add rose essence, Rooh Afza and serve it chilled with crushed ice.
Akhila Kakarala with inputs from http://www.femina.in