½ cup (for the jam filling. Do not use for mango jam)
1 ½ tbsp
2 tsp + 3 tbsp
- Take about 4 cups of strawberries, cut them into cubes.
- Next place a pan on the stove. In this add strawberry pieces and ½ cup water. Keep stirring, now add ¼ cup sugar. Put it on medium flame and keep stirring until it starts thickening. Do not let it cool for long.
- In the strawberry jam, add the corn starch + water mixture. Keep stirring.
- Take a large mixing bowl, add 1 cup maida and 50 grams of butter. Using your hand, mix both of these ingredients thoroughly. Add some milk and keep mixing.
- Now take a pie pan, wet it with water. Place a wet (baking and cooking) paper. Now pour the strawberry jam and then a layer of the batter.
- (Note: You can also do three layers, first layer: batter, second layer: strawberry jam and the third layer: remaining batter)
- Place this pie pan in the oven for about 20- 25 minutes at 200 degree Celsius. Once the pie crust turns golden brown, using a toothpick check the center of the pie and if it’s fully cooked then remove it. Let it cool for a few minutes and serve it with vanilla ice cream.
Pic Courtsey: pixabay.com