Chef Sanjay Maini is an excellent pastry chef. He surely knows how to make scrumptious desserts, not just this; he is also known for presenting them with utmost perfection and style.
|110 gms (washed and sliced)
1. Clean and slice the strawberries. Place them in a small bowl and add ¼ cup of sugar. Cover and place in the fridge for at least an hour. It’s better to leave it overnight.
2. When the strawberries are ready, preheat the oven to 425°F or 218 °C.
3. Place a piece of parchment paper on a large cookie sheet.
4. Unroll the long rectangular refrigerated puff pastry and lay it on the parchment paper. Allow it to defrost, now using a rolling pin, roll the edges of each square together to make one long rectangle.
5. Use a slotted spoon to spread the strawberries all over the puff pastry to prevent the extra juices from getting on the puff pastry. Make Sure to keep a 1-inch border of the puff pastry, for rolling the edges.
6. Take the second rectangular puff pastry and roll it out. The size has to be the same as the first one.
7. Lay the top puff pastry over the strawberries.
8. Roll and pinch the edges of the two puff pastries together all around the edges.
9. Brush the top of the puff pastry with whipping cream.
10. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of caster sugar on top of the puff pastry.
11. Bake for about 18 minutes or until golden brown.
12. Allow it to cool before slicing into squares.