For the crust-
Marie or digestive biscuits 200 grams
Butter 2 tbsp
Sugar 2 tbsp
Vanilla Essence few drops
Cream Cheese 200 grams
Sugar 1/2 cup
Cream 25 grams
Maida 2 tbsp
Strawberry syrup 2-3 tbsp
Sugar 1 cup
Water ½ cup
Lime juice ½ cup
• In a bowl, take Marie biscuits and crush them into fine pieces. Add Sugar and butter. Using your fingers, mix all the ingredients well.
(Note: Add the melted butter. You can even add granulated sugar.)
• For the filling- Take a mixing bowl, whisk the cream cheese with vanilla extract. In another bowl, add Maida, sugar, eggs and cream. Mix all of these ingredients well. Transfer the cream cheese mixture into this.
• Take a pie pan and wet it. Also Wet the baking and cooking paper, place it in the pan. Pour the biscuit mixture and spread it evenly.
• Place the pie pan in the oven at 200 degree Celsius for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and pour the cream cheese + Maida mixture. Place it again back in the oven for about 30 minutes at 200 degree Celsius in a water bath.
(water bath- Take the oven tray, fill it with water and place the pie pan in this water)
• While the pie is baking. Prepare the plum sauce. In a heating pan, add some plums, and sugar. (Add very little water, as plums contain water in them) Keep stirring until it becomes like a jam.
• Once the crust with the cream filling is ready, pour this plum sauce on top and also pour the strawberry syrup. Serve it immediately or once it cools down a bit.
Pic Courtsey: pixabay.com