2 tsp + 3 tbsp
• Take one pineapple, peel it and cut it into cubes or slices.
• Heat a pan on the stove, to this add the pineapple slices, ½ cup water and keep stirring. Now add ¼ cup sugar and put on medium heat and keep stirring until it starts to thicken. Now add ½ cup lemon juice. When the pineapple mixture starts boiling add the corn starch+ water mixture in it. Turn off the flame. Do not let it cool for long.
• Take a large mixing bowl, add one cup maida and about 50 grams of butter. Using your hand mix both of these ingredients thoroughly. Add some milk or water and keep mixing.
• Now take a pie pan, wet it with some water. Place a wet baking and cooking paper. Now pour the pineapple jam and then on top add a layer of the batter.
(Note: You can also do three layers, first layer: batter, second layer: pineapple jam and the third layer: remaining batter)
• Place this pie pan in the oven for about 20-25 minutes at 200 degree Celsius. Once the pie crust turns golden brown, using a toothpick check the centre of the pie and if it’s fully cooked then remove it. Let it cool for a few minutes and serve it with vanilla ice cream.
Pic Courtsey: pixabay.com