Peaches 4 cups
Sugar 1 cup
Water 1 cup
Lemon juice ½ cup
Corn starch 1 ½ tbsp
Cinnamon sugar optional
Butter 2 tsp + 3 tbsp
Maida 1 cup
Milk ½ cup
• Take 4 cups of fresh peaches, cut them into cubes.
• Place a pan on the stove. In this add the peach pieces, and about ¼ cup of water. Allow this to boil, now add ¼ cup of sugar. Put it on medium heat and keep stirring until it starts to thicken. Do not allow this to cool for long.
• In the peach jam, add corn starch + water mixture and keep stirring.
• Meanwhile, take a large mixing bowl, add 1 cup maida and about 50 grams of butter. Using your hand mix both of these ingredients thoroughly. Add some milk and keep stirring until it becomes a paste.
• Take a pie pan and wet it with some water. In it, place a wet (baking + cooking) paper. Now pour the peach jelly and then add a layer of the batter.
(Note: You can also do three layers, first layer: batter, second layer: strawberry jam and the third layer: remaining batter)
• Place this pie pan in the oven for about 20-25 minutes at 200 degree Celsius. Keep checking in between. Once the pie crust turns golden brown and it’s fully cooked inside. Remove it from the oven.
• Serve this delicious peach cobbler with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Pic Courtsey: pixabay.com