taco shells 2
boneless fish fingers 100 gm
oil for frying
panko crumbs 30 gm
flour for dusting
salt to taste
black pepper (ground) to taste
egg (beaten) 1
For cabbage escabeche:
shredded cabbage 200 gm
carrots and peppers (shredded) 100 gm
apple cider vinegar 50 ml
sugar 1 tsp
seasoning as desired
1. In a large non-reactive container, mix cabbage, carrots and peppers. Toss to combine.
2. Add the vinegar, salt, pepper, and sugar and toss well. Cover with a plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2hours. Drain the discarding liquid in a colander.
3. Marinate fish fingers with salt and pepper. Dust them with flour, then dip in beaten egg. Finally, coat the fish fingers with bread- and panko- crumbs.
4. Heat oil in a saucepan and fry fingers until crispy and golden brown. Keep aside.
5. Fill the taco shells with cabbage escabeche and panko fish.
6. Garnish with lettuce shreds and coriander sprigs Chef’s tip: Mix with salsa, sour cream and grated cheddar for the best combination of flavours.