Mutton shanks and bone marrow stew, slow-cooked in exotic spices!
black cardamom whole
green cardamom whole
ginger and garlic paste
yellow chilli powder
brown cashew nut paste
fresh coriander sprigs
8 to 10 strands
5 to 6
1. In a hot pan, add mustard oil, bay leaf, cloves, black and green cardamom, and wait until the spices splutter. Now add sliced onions and sauté until it turns golden brown. Add ginger-garlic paste to the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes.
2. Now add shank and sear on high heat until the shank is sealed on all the sides and becomes brown. Add turmeric powder, cumin powder, yellow chilli powder, coriander powder, and sauté for 2 minutes.
3. At this point, add water and bring it to simmer until the mutton gets tender for approximately 45 - 50 minutes. Add brown cashew nut paste and cook further for 2 minutes.
4. Make gram flour slurry and add to the gravy and stir to avoid lumps. Adjust the consistency. Further, cook the gravy until the mutton shank is cooked and finally add garam masala.
5. Add ginger, saffron strands, and desi ghee. Serve hot, garnished with fresh coriander sprigs, cream, and ginger juliennes.