full cream milk
orange food colour
1. Heat water in a large pan over medium flame, add sugar, and stir until it is fully dissolved. Bring it to a boil, add cardamom powder and orange food colour and stir well. In a large bowl, mix gram flour and water until it’s smooth.
2. Heat ghee in a large deep frying pan, place a perforated ladle on top of the oil, and add some of the batter. Allow them to fall into the hot oil and cook until it turns golden and soft. Add them in the sugar syrup and mix well.
3. Take a heavy bottomed pan and add milk to it. Bring the milk to a boil, then lower the heat to medium low and keep stirring. Cook the milk till it has reduced to quarter, then add sugar, saffron, and rose water and let it cook for a few more minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 190°C or 375 F and lightly dust your work surface with some sifter icing sugar. Once the block of puff pastry has defrosted, cut it in two and roll each half into an even sized rectangle.
5. Cut the pastry into four strips of 30cm x 6cm approximately, prick the pastry strips lightly all over with a fork and a transfer it to a flat baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the pastry is crisp. Dust generously with icing sugar and serve.
white pepper powder
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil and in a separate bowl keep some ice cold water ready. Add a couple of teaspoons of salt to the pot, and then blanch the broccoli florets in the boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Remove the florets from the pot and add them to the ice cold water.
2. Once cooled, remove the florets and keep them aside. Cut the capsicum, tomatoes, and onions into cubes. Mix the hung curd, cheese, cardamom powder, white pepper powder, ginger-garlic paste, cream, and refined oil in a bowl. Add salt to taste.
3. Marinate the broccoli florets and vegetables in the mixture for an hour. Skewer the vegetables and broccoli and preheat a grill on medium flame. Put the skewers on it and brush with a little cooking oil and grill it till it turns golden. Sprinkle with chaat masala and ghee and serve.