Mother’s Day is tomorrow and it is still not too late to bake a cake. But with everyone turning their focus, here is a way to bake your cake and eat it too, guilt-free! Get your ingredients and start baking!
KETO CHOCOLATE CAKE | Serves: 12
- Cooking spray or butte
- 1 1/2 c. almond flour
- 2/3 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 c. coconut flour
- 1/4 c. flaxseed meal
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 3/4 c. keto friendly granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 c. almond milk
- 1/3 c. strong brewed coffee
- 2 (8-oz.) blocks of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3/4 c. keto friendly powdered sugar (such as Swerve)
- 1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 c. coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp. instant coffee powder
- 3/4 c. heavy cream
- Pinch kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350° and line two 8” pans with parchment and grease with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients such as the almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at at time, then add the vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients to this mixture and beat until combined. Then, stir in the milk and coffee.
- Divide batter between prepared pans and bake for 28 minutes. Let cool completely.
- For the frosting, beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Add keto friendly sugar, cocoa powder, coconut flour, and instant coffee and beat until no lumps remain. Add cream and a pinch of salt and beat until combined.
- Spread a thick layer of buttercream on top of each cake and then frost the sides.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.