Long tresses can be styled in umpteen ways, but if you’re bored with it you may find yourself in a rut feeling frumpy and less-than-fabulous. From Deepika Padukone’s messy bun to Priyanka Chopra’s side swept curls, try these amazing celeb hairstyles we can't stop obsessing over.
1. Messy bun
If you need proof that a messy bun can look elegant, look no further than Deepika Padukone’s chic yet sexy look in the Dolce and Gabbana outfit. Perfect for a night out with your girlfriends or a special occasion, the lazy wrap bun is easy to put together.
Get the look:
• Spray a volumizer into damp hair before drying, then using your fingers sweep your hair back into a middle height ponytail.
• Twirl the ponytail around your fingers, and secure with a few bobby pins and voila! Perfect imperfection.
If you’re ever in the place of not wanting to worry about your hair, take a hint from Katrina Kaif’s impressive ponytail look. The actress looks so fierce with a sleek ponytail that it complements her chic red gown. Sometimes simple hair and outfits are the best combination, and the actress proves it right.
Get the Look:
• Blow out the hair along with a large paddle brush.
• Run a flat iron over the ends and add a dime size amount of smoothing serum on your palm, rub your hands together, and smooth your hair back to nix any frizz and add shine.
• Gather hair in a high ponytail and tightly secure with a hair tie.
Use a light hold hair spray to keep hair in place and prevent flyaways.
3. Blunt bangs
You might think you need to avoid full bangs with a square face shape, but that'd be wrong. As long as they're cut like Anushka Sharma — who looks divine with her long waves and bangs hitting around brow level — then it's a gorgeous hairstyle option, even with long, straight hair.
This sort of bang requires a lot of maintenance to keep hair the ideal length: You have to style them. Hold them in position. And above all, you have to keep them at their optimum length since too short would be overly retro, too long would fall in her eyes.
4. Side swept curls
Priyanka Chopra swept her lovely tresses over to one side in an all-out glam hairdo. She looked nothing short of perfect. The look had a 70’s vibe that was incredibly flattering on the gorgeous star!
Get the look:
• Part your hair on one side, starting in diagonal sections divide your hair into four or five big sections.
• Then, starting at the midpoint of the hair, curl your hair to create the body and shape of the look
• Mist a paddle brush with any hold hairspray and brush over your curls to create loose, soft waves.
• Apply a small amount of glossing cream to define the waves of the hair and add a lasting shine.
5. Fishtail braid
The frizz-free fishtail as seen on Shraddha Kapoor is an easy look that goes with a ball gown just as well as it does with a crop top and pair of skinny jeans.
Get the look:
• Spritz a conditioning spray all over dry hair for shine, and then divide your hair into two sections.
• Pull a thin strand of hair from the outer section of the first part and pull it over the first part and add it under the second section on the other side. In other words, the strand of hair goes over the first section and finishes under the second section.
• Repeat this technique until you get to the ends, then secure with a leather band.