The Indian Film Festival of Melbourne 2017 a star studded event hosts and honours some of the biggest names in Bollywood. The spectacular event witnesses screening of over 60 films and guests are treated to the musical talents of some of the renowned Bollywood singers. The event is held from the 10th to 22nd August and will see celebrities including Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Sushant Singh Rajput, Konkona Sen Sharma and Rajkummar Rao in attendance.
The festival commenced with the screening of Alankrita Shrivastava’s award winning film “Lipstick Under My Burkha” , which is a bold narrative of how women rebel against the social conventions that confine them. Some of the highlights of the awards night were “Baahubali 2: The Conclusion” and “Dangal” stealing the show with a galore of awards. Sushant Singh Rajput and Rajkummar Rao also won awards for their performance.
List of winners:
- Best Indie Film: “Lipstick Under My Burkha”
- Best Director: Nitesh Tiwari for “Dangal”
- Director/Actor: Rahul Bose for Poorna
- Best Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput for “M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story”
- Best Actor (Special Mention): Rajkummar Rao for “Trapped”
- Best Actress: Konkona Sen Sharma for “Lipstick Under My Burkha”
- Best Film: “Pink”
- People’s Choice Award: “Dangal” and “Bahubali 2”
- Excellence in Global Cinema award : Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Leadership in Cinema Award : Karan Johar
Pic courtesy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipstick_Under_My_Burkha#/media/File:Lipstick_Under_My_Burkha_(2017).jpg