DOS & DON’TS
• Bright & Vibrant Hues – Rains can be quiet dull so why not add some zing with some pop and bright colour outfit. Try not to be reluctant to attempt and explore different experiment with colours during the rain.
• Accessorize – Don’t let the rain take away the diva within you. Accessorize your outfit with a statement neckpiece or a chunky bracelet or some rings.
• Fabrics – Wear lighter fabrics for the convenience of it. You don’t want to get drenched and carry the weight around of the heavier fabric on you.
• Umbrellas – Go all out by getting yourself a funky & cute umbrella. Let it stand out and speak for the person you are.
• Gumboots or flip flops – Put away your fancy leather and suede footwear. Grab yourself some trendy gumboots or flip flops and be comfortable this rainy season.
• Avoid denims or full length outfits.
• Avoid too much makeup, use waterproof kajal, liner, mascara etc.
• Boxer braids are in vogue this season. They look trendy and make the hair more manageable.
• Styling your hair can be tricky in this season, however the key is to experiment with some quick hairdos that look great and are easy to make.
WARDROBE STAPLES THIS SEASON
• A pair of shorts or crop pants
• Sheer or mesh top
• A dress
• Trendy waterproof bag
• Comfortable pair of shoes
• Funky umbrella or a trendy raincoat
QUICK OUTFIT IDEAS
1. Blue wash skinnies with Plaid shirt – They are really big this season, so having it in your wardrobe is a must. You can wear only the shirt with the skinnies or use the shirt to layer up over a pop colour tank top. The look would be complete with a Tote bag and a pair of Boots. What’s more, not to forget an umbrella or a raincoat. With all the looks you need to keep this rain staple handy. You could invest in not so expensive umbrellas or raincoat and have a few colours in them. As they could add a zing to your daily outfit.
2. Blue denim cut-offs (shorts) pair it with a White essential slipover tee- Don’t be afraid to wear white in the rains. Add a vibrant geometric print scarf around the neck. A Trendy bag pack in prints or solid colours and Gumboots would make the look appealing.
3. White skirt or blue denim skirt with a Tank top- A white skirt and basic blue denim layered with a Pop colour sheer top or a mesh top. A satchel sling bag and Trendy Sneaker shoes would make a good outfit for the rainy day.
4. Short or knee length dress - It works wonders and never goes wrong, a short/knee length dress teamed with or without the shrug or jacket along with gumboots and a sling bag.
5. Chambray shirt- A chambray shirt teamed with a skirt or legging with some funky water friendly Bootsand aSling bag. To make it sportier you can team it with a bag pack as well.
There are many such outfits that can be worn to college. Plaid and stripes are big this season. Off-shoulder tops or shoulder cut out tops are trending. You can play with a variety of looks for college rite from cute next door girl to sporty to glam girl. Fashion is something that changes with season, but Style stays forever. So it’s very important that you find your true style which is a close depiction of who you are as a person. You can copy anyone’s look, hair, make-up and so forth but you cannot copy someone’s style or demeanour. It’s very important that you figure out your personal style, so you can stand out from the crowd.
It’s all about bold and vibrant fashion in the rains. The key is to not over-do and exaggerate stuff and still be a true fashionista by mixing the rite elements together.