Marrakech – Moroccan Dreams
If you wish to experience the most of the Middle East while not the noisy crowds, then you must get to Marrakech in Morocco. It’s been deemed one of the most amazing summer destinations for all types of travellers. Famous for its distinctive cultural diversity, this town has everything to make your summer vacation an unforgettable affair. You’ll start to wander around the space of Jemma el-Fna, search for bargains in colourful souks, and learn Morocco’s bewitching history in palaces and museums.
- Tourist attractions: Camel rides in the desert
- Besttime tovisit: March to May
- Getting there: Fly to Marrakech
- Places togo: Jama El f’na Market, Jardin Majorelle, Bahia Palace, Koutoubia
- Things totry: Desert safari, shopping, food tours, and heritage tours
- Best stay options: Riad Casbah, Murano Resort, Hotel Sofitel, and Barcelo Palmeraie
- Eateries to try: The Red House, Corner Cafe, Al Fassia, and Naranj
- Travel tips: Carry and use sunscreen
- Local language: Arabic
- Local currency: Dirham (MAD)
- Suggested stay: Three days
Siem Reap – Renowned for Night Markets
Wondering how this Cambodian city and region landed on the list of the most amazing vacation destinations in the world? Don’t worry, it entirely deserves to be there! The temples of Angkor Wat are an exciting place to explore during the summer season, provided you’re visiting them either in the morning or in the evening. Also, this happens to be one of the most cost-effective destinations in Asia, particularly from March to June, making it one of the best vacation spots in summer. You’ll wander around these distinctive temples, get native foodstuff at the floating village, wander around the city on a bicycle, and explore the Angkor Night Market once you’re here.
- Tourist attractions: A visit to Angkor Wat
- Besttime to visit: December to January and June
- Getting there: Fly to Siem Reap International Airport
- Places to go: Angkor Wat, Bayon, Floating Village, Angkor Night Market
- Things totry: Temple tours, shopping, boating, cycling, and hiking
- Best stay options: Lub D, Lotus Blanc Resort, Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, and Resort D’ Popular
- Eateries totry: Genevieve’s Restaurant, Haven, Marum and Cuisine Wat Damnak
- Travel tips: Wear lightweight cotton garments and carry a hat
- Local language: Khmer
- Currency: Cambodian Riel (KHR)
- Suggested stay: 1-2 days
Playa Del Carmen – Water Sports Galore
Playa Del Carmen is an attractive beach city in Mexico, though it may be less well-known and jam-packed than other places in Mexico.That’s why lots of people think it’s one of the best places to visit in the world. Here, you’ll go snorkelling at Cenote Dos Ojos, or at Cenote Azul, among different watersports. You’ll additionally visit South of Playa and marvel at the traditional Mayan ruins in the city of Tulum. The Mexican food is cheap and delicious, and the tacos arerenowned everywhere around the globe. Fantastic summer destination for beach lovers and foodies alike!
- Tourist attractions: The Mexican food
- Besttime to visit: December to April
- Getting there: Fly to Cancun International Airport and take a taxi or bus to Playa Del Carmen (45 minutes away)
- Places togo: Playacar, Los Fundadores Park, 3D Museum of Wonders
- Things totry: Swimming, water sports, nightlife, shopping, and food
- Best stay options: Newport House, We Playa, Grand Hyatt, and also the Palm
- Eateries to try: Oh Lala, Kaxapa Factory, Harry’s Steakhouse, and Clorofila
- Travel tips: Take care when trying Mexican cuisine if you’re not a fan of spicy food
- Local language: Spanish
- Local currency: Mexican Peso (MXN)
- Suggested stay: 3-4 days
Pokhara – Amazing Heights
There’s no higher place than Pokharain Nepal for one among the most amazing summer vacations in the world. It’s underappreciated and deserves all the eyes of adrenaline seekers, trekkers, couples, solo backpackers, and even nature lovers. Pokhara is surrounded by gorgeous mountains and has tons of scenic beauty that enthrals its guests. Blooming with pleasant weather and full of energy during the summer months, Pokhara is a must-visit in 2020! And with so many budget hotels, homestays, and guest homes in Pokhara, you don’t even have to worry about high expenses!
- Tourist attractions: Paragliding over Cover Mountains
- Besttime tovisit: April to June
- Getting there: Fly to Pokhara international Airport.
- Places to go: Phewa Lake, Devi’s Falls, Begnas Lake, Mahendra Cave
- Things totry: Trekking, paragliding, bungee cord jumping, ziplining, and yachting
- Best stay options: Nature Side Cottage, Zostel Pokhara, Himalayan Front Hotel, and Tuki Resort
- Eateries totry: Moondance Restaurant, Caffe Concerto, Olive Cafe, and Rosemary Kitchen
- Travel tips: Pack woollens and thermals
- Local language: Nepali and Gurung Bhasaa
- Local currency: Nepalese Rupee (NPR)
- Suggested stay: 2-3 days
Cape Town – Year-Round Fun
This South Africa city is pleasant even in the summer season. Plus the costs are pretty low, so you’ll be able to have your dream vacation and everything on a budget. Imagine enjoying a cable car ride to the top of Table Mountain and dining at the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront! Superb, isn’t it? With so much to see and offer, visiting this dream destination during summer will make your break the most memorable experience ever!
- Tourist attractions: Visit Boulders Beach to see penguins!
- Best time to visit: March to May
- Getting there:Fly to port International landing field
- Places to go: Cape Point Nature Reserve, Signal Hill, Sea Point Swimming pool, Robben Island Museum
- Things to try: Swimming, picnicking, hiking, water sports, shopping, and food tours
- Best stay options: Green Elephant Backpackers, Grande Kloof Boutique Hotel, Mojo Hotel, and Double Tree by Hilton
- Eateries to try: Karibu Restaurant, Black Sheep Restaurant, Reverie Social Table, and Signal
- Travel tips: Don’t venture into the alleys and streets alone after midnight.
- Local language: Afrikaans, English, Xhosa
- Local currency:South African Rand (ZAR)
- Suggested stay: 3-5 days
New Zealand – Picturesque Landscapes for Nature Lovers
New Zealand is definitely among the best destinations in the world, thanks in part to the fact that it enjoys an aestival weather. So travellers have an ideal excuse to travel there to flee the hot summer weather conditions. It features majestic landscapes that seem to be from another planet altogether! In addition, it’s the perfect place for adrenaline seekers, nature lovers, honeymooners, photographers, birdwatchers, and people enthused to go because of 3the renowned Hollywood movies that were shot here!
- Tourist attractions: Visit Hobbiton
- Besttime to visit:December to February
- Getting there: New Zealand has multiple international and domestic airports
- Places to go: Queenstown, Auckland, Rotorua, urban centre, Wellington
- Things to try: shopping, sandboarding, kayaking, ziplining, study Maori culture, visit lightning bug caves, sightseeing tour
- Best stay options: The Sebel Auckland Manakau, Rees Hotel, Haka Lodge and Braemar Lodge & Spa
- Eateries to try: Sidart Restaurant, Fleurs Place, and Sid at The French Café
- Travel tips: Ensure to take your woollens and thermals.
- Local language: English
- Local currency: New Zealand dollar (NZD)
- Suggested stay: 7-8 days
- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”– Mark Twain