A new month has begun and it’s that time when most of us start our diets. If you are one week in and your sweet tooth is already causing trouble, do not go for a cheat meal. Hold on and make yourself these desserts that can be made instantly and enjoyed, guilt-free!
Coconut Cookies :
Calories: 98 | Serves: 20
• 2 ½ cups of dessicated coconut
• ½ cups of unsweetened cranberries
• 1 cup of melted coconut oil
• ¼ cups of natural honey / agave syrup
• Melted and unsweetened chocolate
• Pulse the coconut flakes and cranberries until a think, crumbly texture is formed.
• Combine the mixture with coconut oil and honey.
• Spread the mixture in a greased baking tray and refrigerate until firm.
• Cut them into bars and dip them into melted, unsweetened chocolate.
Calories: 125 per large scoop | Serves: 6
• 4 large eggs, separated
• ¼ tsp apple cider vinegar or fresh lemon juice
• 1/2 cup coconut sugar, powdered
• 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
• 1 tbsp vanilla extract
• Whisk the egg whites and add some fresh lemon juice. Once this thickens, add the coconut sugar and whisk until soft peaks are formed.
• Whisk the cream in another bowl until it forms soft peaks.
• Then, whisk the egg yolks separately and add vanilla extract.
• Combine the egg white mixture with the cream and mix well.
• Next, fold the egg yolks into the cream mixture and gently mix with the spatula.
• Pour the mixture into a freezer-friendly container and freeze for a minimum of 2 hours.
Peanut Butter Cookies
Calories: 64 | Serves: 26
• 1 cup natural peanut butter
• 1 large egg, cold
• 1 tbsp. honey
• 1 tsp. baking soda
• 1/3 cup unsweetend chocolate chips
• 1/3 cup coconut sugar
• Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
• Combine all the ingredients and beat with a hand mixer.
• Refrigerate the dough until it is cold.
• Cut the dough into desired shapes using cookie cutters and bake for 8-10 minutes.
• Cool the cookies completely before storing them in an airtight container.
These desserts can be consumed as a part of one’s paleo, keto or a low-carb diet. There are many such recipes available, so make a healthy choice today and wake up with no regrets tomorrow.