Apart from being a very talented interior designer, Padma Somireddy is also a great cook. Because she is a working woman, Padma doesn't cook too often but tries hard whenever she finds time and loves experimenting with different flavours. This week, Padma shares two healthy and easy-to-prepare recipes to make Independence Day parties more fun!
|boneless and skinless chicken breast
fresh lemon juice
cracked black pepper
|4 (pounded to less than 1 inch thickness)
½ cup (halved)
¼ cup (thinly sliced)
1. Combine chicken, salt, pepper, olive oil, garlic powder, and italian seasoning in a large bowl. Toss all the ingredients using a tong or your hands until it’s well combined.
2. Grill the chicken over medium heat for about 6-8 minutes on each side, or until it’s cooked all the way through.
3. Top with a slice of mozzarella cheese on each chicken piece and cook for another minute or so until the cheese melts over the top of the chicken breast.
4. In a clean bowl toss together the tomatoes, and basil. To this add some lemon juice and mix well.
5. Top each of the chicken pieces with about 3 tbsp of pesto, a scoop of tomatoes, and some freshly cracked pepper and serve.