Dry fruit continues to be one of the healthiest snacks you can munch on when hungry. Of these, almonds are a great source of 15 key nutrients like protein, Vitamin E, magnesium etc and also help in toning all body tissues. Here is an easy-to-make Gluten Free Almond Cake recipe to try at home, along with its nutrients analysis. Let’s get started!
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
- Almond Powder - 350 g
- Egg (Separated) - 200 g
- Honey - 100 g
- Baking Soda - 10g
- Vanilla Essence - 10 g
- Salt - 5 g
- Honey - 20 g
- Sliced almonds - 50 g
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Coat a 9-inch pan with Butter and flour. Line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Beat 4 egg yolks, 100g honey, vanilla, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Add the almond powder and beat on low until combined.
- Then, beat 4 egg whites in another large bowl with the electric mixer on medium speed until very foamy, but not stiff enough to hold peaks. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the egg whites into the nut mixture until just combined.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the cake until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the pan and gently remove the side ring. Let cool completely.
- Carefully transfer the cake to a serving platter. To serve, drizzle the top of the cake with honey and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
Tip: Make sure that the almonds are toasted a little before you make a powder and there is absolutely no moisture in the grinder jar to avoid any lumps in the cake.
Calories: 3008, Protein: 112.3 g, Total fat: 226.6 g (Saturated: 21.3 g, Monounsaturated: 36.9 g, Polyunsaturated: 53.3 g), Carbohydrates: 157.1 g, Fiber: 35 g, Cholesterol: 1088 mg, Sodium: 5076 mg, Calcium: 1183 mg, Magnesium: 1101.2 mg, Potassium: 3211 mg, Vitamin E: 107.6 mg –IansLife