Extremely delicious and versatile, Hummus is a popular Middle Eastern Dip. It is made out of five simple ingredients- chickpeas, olive oil, lemon juice, Tahini and spices. This simple dish is not just tasty but is also loaded with a whole lot of health benefits. It can be added to your favourite savory and sweet treats.
Health benefits of hummus:
● Aids in weight loss
● Prevents cardiovascular diseases
● Promotes digestive health
● Keeps blood sugar levels under control
● Lowers cholesterol
● Gives a flawless skin and hair
● Prevents cancer
With just five ingredients readily available in your kitchen, make this super tasty dip and serve it to your friends and family.
Here are two different ways of making hummus at home-
For any hummus recipe, you should first prepare the tahini sauce.
|White sesame seeds
2 -3 tbsp
as per taste
● Roast the sesame seeds on a pan. Take a food processor, transfer the roasted sesame seeds and olive oil. Blend both the ingredients until it becomes thick (the consistency has to be running). Finally add some salt and blend again.
1 ½ cups
from 1 lemon
● The first step is to cut two pieces of beetroot into circles. Bake the beetroot slices at 180°C for about 45 minutes.
● Remove the beetroot slices from the oven. Allow them to cool. Now take a food processor, to this add 1 ½ cups of chickpeas, ¼ cup of water, lemon juice, 2 tbsp tahini, 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 cloves of garlic, and some salt. Grind all the ingredients into a fine paste. Transfer the dip to a serving bowl. It can be served with pita chips or carrot slices.
Red Bell Pepper and Garlic Hummus
|Red bell peppers
1 ½ cup
● In a large food processor, add 2 red bell peppers, 1 whole garlic, 1 ½ cup of chickpeas, 6 garlic cloves, 3 tbsp of tahini, 1 lemon juice, 1 tbsp water, 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 tsp vinegar, ½ tsp chilli powder, and ½ tsp salt. Blend all the ingredients into a fine paste. Transfer the dip to a serving bowl. It can be served with pita chips or cucumber slices.
Pic Courtesy: www.pexels.com