Seared Scallops with Chilli Parsley and Tempura Onion Rings is a delicious appetizer made with scallops and flavorful spices. For all the chocolate lover out there, Douch Chocolate Mousse with Philadelphia Crème is a mouth-watering sweet dish. It is made with a whole lot of ingredients including chocolate, double fat cream and Mascarpone cheese. A chef from Vivanta by Taj has shared theses two recipes.
Seared Scallops with Chilli Parsley and Tempura Onion Rings
Finely chopped shallot
Finely chopped red chilli
Finely chopped parsley
For onion Rings
Tempura batter from tempura scallops
Icy soda water
Baby cos lettuce
a few leaves
- Mix all vinaigrette ingredients together and set aside. Make up the tempura batter as per tempura scallops.
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Once it is at a medium to hot temperature, coat the onion rings in batter and deep fry them for 2-4 minutes.
- Deep fry a couple at a time. Drop them into the batter with tongs and ensure they rise to the top. Once they float to the top, turn them to achieve an even golden colour.
- Take the onion rings out of the oil and lay them straight on paper towels to drain the excess oil.
- Dry scallops between paper towels or a clean tea towel.
- To a hot frying pan, add a little oil and butter (1tsp of each). Cook the scallops for 2-3 minutes, depending on their size.
- Arrange the cos lettuce on a platter. Top each cos leaf with 1 or 2 onion rings and a seared scallop.
- Spoon a little of the vinaigrette over and serve hot.
Douch Chocolate Mousse with Philadelphia Crème
For chocolate mousse base
Double fat cream
For Philadelphia crème
Elle & Vire whipping cream
For piping chocolate mousse
Rich topping cream
Double fat cream
For white chocolate cigar
- For the mousse base, boil double fat cream and glucose together and let it cool.
- Make sabayon with egg yolk and sugar; fold the mixer in to the previous mixer.
- Mix the chocolate and bake it at 180°F for 10 minutes.
- For the Philadelphia crème, make sabayon with egg yolk and sugar. Then add gelatine, fold cheese, and whipped topping.
- For the piping chocolate mousse, cook the cream on double boiler, add chocolate and set aside for cooling. Later, add cool gelatine and put in refrigerator.
- For white chocolate cigar, melt the 100 gms of white chocolate on double boiler
- Flatten it on a plastic sheet and let it cool. Roll it in a round shape, put rubber band around it and keep it in the freezer for 20 minutes. Gently extract the plastic sheet.
How to assemble:
- Cut the chocolate base in a rectangular shape and place it on the plate.
- Assemble chocolate mousse on the base with piping bag.
- Place Philadelphia crème inside white chocolate cigar, place the cigar on the mouse and garnish with pistachio shavings.