Do you love bananas? This tasty fruit is loaded with numerous health benefits. This amazing fruit is rich in potassium, fiber, Vitamins B6 and C. They are good even for those who are trying to lose weight.
This amazing fruit can be used to make a variety of dishes, especially sweet ones. One such popular and tasty sweet dish made with bananas is a rich and creamy banana pudding. Instead of the regular banana pudding, this time impress your loved ones with this delicious roasted banana pudding.
This is an excellent recipe even for those who are trying to lose weight, as it is low in fat content.
Roasted Banana Pudding
|Unpeeled ripe bananas
Frozen whipped cream
1. In an oven friendly dish, take three unpeeled ripe bananas and bake for about 15 minutes at 350 °F or 176 °C. Remove the bananas from the oven and allow them to cool completely. Now remove the peel and cut into thick slices.
2. In a bowl, take ⅓ cup sugar, salt, cornstarch, and eggs. Whisk all the ingredients until well combined. While stirring with the whisk, slowly add hot milk to the sugar mixture. Now transfer it to a pan and cook for about 3 minutes over medium heat until it becomes thick. Maksure to stir continuously.
3. Take the sliced bananas in a bowl and mash them with a fork. To this, add butter and vanilla extract. Stir the mixture until the butter melts completely.
4. Fold half of the whipping cream into the pudding.
5. In serving cups, add one layer of the pudding, then add a layer of the wafers, then another layer of the pudding and finish off with a generous layer of the wafers.
Pic Courtesy: pexel.com