Poached Fish with Mélange of spinach and black lentil is a tasty dish made with fish fillets and flavorful spices. Vegetable Caponata is a perfect vegetarian dish made with healthy vegetables and gravy. An Executive Chef from Taj Deccan has shared these delicious dishes.
Poached Fish with Mélange of spinach and black lentil
Blanched spinach leaves
Boiled black lentils
Whole lemon for juice
Salt and pepper
Lemon slices (for garnishing)
Parsley (for garnishing)
Sliced carrot and capsicum
3 (60 gms each)
- Clean, wash, and rinse the fish fillets.
- Bring two cups of cold water to a simmer in a large sauce pan over medium heat, and add salt and lemon juice.
- Place the fish fillets in simmering water. Cover and steam for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, gently combine the blanched spinach, boiled lentil, salt, and lemon juice.
- Transfer the spinach and lentil mixture in the middle of a serving plate.
- Now transfer the steamed fish fillet on top of the spinach and lentil mixture.
- Sprinkle sumac powder on the fish.
- Garnish with parsley sprig, lemon, carrot, and capsicum slices.
Yellow bell pepper
Red bell pepper
Salt and pepper
- Wash and dice all the vegetables.
- Finely chop the garlic and parsley and keep them aside. Pour olive oil in a large pan and toss all the vegetables in it. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the vegetables so that they get evenly coated by the oil and seasoning.
- Cover and cook the vegetables until they are tender.
- For plating, make a mixture of tomato and olive; season it with salt and pepper.
- Set the mixture in a mould. Place the mould in the caponata sauce and garnish it with sprigs of rocket leaves.