Haleem is a delicious stew loaded with proteins, it is quite popular in Middle east and Central Asia. It is prepared with tender mutton and other flavourful spices. Torpedoes Pepper is a vegetarian appetizer made with chillies, cheese and egg. A chef from The Golkonda Hotel has shared this recipe.
Khus ki jad
Paan ki jad
Green chilli paste
Ginger garlic paste
Kashmiri chilli powder
Garam masala powder
Crushed black pepper
- Sauté the mutton with khus ki jad, pan ki jad, ginger garlic paste, and a little salt until it is well cooked.
- In a separate pot, boil broken wheat with chana dal and rice until it’s cooked.
- Mix the mutton and wheat together until it obtains a fine grain consistency.
- Heat a pan, add ghee and shahi jeera. Slice onions and sauté until golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and green chilli paste. Then add Kashmiri chilli powder, dhania powder, and salt.
- Cook the mutton and wheat mixture, gradually adding yoghurt, for 10 minutes.
- Add chopped coriander and mint to impart flavour to the dish.
- Finish with lemon juice.
- Garnish with brown onions and julienne ginger.
- Best served with sheermal.
Bell pepper(finely chopped)
Dijon mustard paste
- Clean and deseed the chillies.
- Mash cheese, and then add chopped bell pepper and oregano.
- Make a batter by mixing refined fl our, egg, mustard paste, and salt.
- Stuff the chillies with mashed cheese and bell pepper mixture.
- Apply batter on the chillies and roll them over the crushed cornflakes.
- Fry them in hot oil in a deep bottom pan.
- Serve hot, accompanied with tomato sauce and sour cream.