Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 8-12 pancakes
Serving Size: 2 pancakes
Fluffy, buttery, melt in your mouth buttermilk pancakes
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 2 cups of sifted flour
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 eggs, slightly whisked
• 2 cups of buttermilk
• 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted and melted
1. Preheat a griddle to medium heat.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the salt, baking powder, baking soda, flour and sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and buttermilk. Drizzle in the butter as you continue to whisk.
3. Switch to a wooden spoon and make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Pour in the wet ingredients and stir until almost completely combined. Please remember, the more you stir pancakes the more flat and tough they will be so please mix until a few streaks of flour are remaining.
4. Butter the griddle and scoop 1/3 cup of batter and cook until bubbles begin to form, flip and cook until golden. Serve immediately.
Recipe from: ohsweetbasil.com