Get Cooking: Butter Chicken Curry in Instant pot
Fresh coriander leaves
2 tbsp (for marination)
1. Take chicken thighs and cut them into small pieces. In a large bowl, marinate the chicken pieces with a pinch of turmeric powder, 1 tsp of cumin powder and coriander powder, 2 tbsp curd, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste, 1 tsp of salt. Allow the chicken to marinate for about 2-3 hours.
2. Turn your instant pot to saute mode (normal). Add 3 tbsp of butter, once the butter is melted, add mustard and cumin seeds, Saute for a minute. now add garlic cloves and green chillies. Allow the garlic to turn golden brown, add onion. Fry until the onion has to be golden brown. Keep stirring in between. Add a pinch of turmeric powder, and salt.
3. Once the onion turns golden brown, add tomatoes and the tomato puree. Add cumin and coriander powder. Stir well. Allow the tomatoes to become soft. Once they are fully cooked, turn off the saute mode. Let the mixture cool completely.
4. In a food processor, add the tomato mixture and blend it into a fine paste.
5. Set the instant pot to keep warm mode and add the gravy, as it starts to boil, add the marinated chicken pieces, water and mix it gently. Now close the lid, and change the instant pot setting to pressure cook. Turn the steam release handle to sealing. Pressure cook the chicken for about 8 minutes and allow the steam to release naturally for another 10 - 12 minutes.
6. After 10 minutes, remove the lid and check if the chicken is completely cooked. Remove the lid only after the pressure is completely released. The chicken should become soft and fully cooked. Add salt if needed and before serving add some heavy cream and garnish with fresh coriander. This delicious curry can be served with rice or naan.
Pic Courtesy: Pexel