Bengali Beetroot Chops is a delicious Bengali dish made with Beetroot, peanuts and flavourful spices. A chef from Taj Banjara has shared this recipe.
Bengali Beetroot Chops
- First grind and roast the whole spices and keep them aside.
- Fry ginger and green chillies until there’s a light aroma. Add grated beetroot and carrot to this and sauté well. Now add mashed potatoes, salt, sugar, ground roasted spice powder, and chopped coriander leaves, and mix well.
- Cool the mixture and make 15-20 medium cutlet balls.
- In a separate bowl, take 2 tsp of maida and mix it with a little water to get a thin white paste. It shouldn’t be too thick. Roll each ball into the batter and then roll them in bread crumbs.
- Deep fry the cutlets in hot oil until golden brown.
- Serve them piping hot with grated slices of carrot and beetroot along with a sprinkle of peanuts. Feel free to add the tangy mustard sauce ‘kashundi’ as well. Serves four.