Beetroot Carrot Soup
Cloves garlic, smashed
2 to 3
- Pressure cook all the ingredients for one whistle. When it is safe to open the cooker, remove the ginger and garlic from the mix.
- Blend the rest of the ingredients well, to the desired consistency.
- Serve hot, with freshly ground pepper on the side.
Servings – 2
This is a recipe from the Bollywood actress Reena Roy, who is a great chef and runs a super healthy kitchen for her young daughter Sanam who is a sports enthusiast.
Quinoa, washed and drained
Small onion, chopped
2 cups (tomatoes, beans, ccarrots,peas,
cabbage,zucchini and mushroom)
- Cook washed quinoa, onions, mixed vegetables, green chillies, broth and salt in a pressure cooker for one whistle.
- When cooled, decant into a serving bowl and add cilantro, black pepper and lime juice to taste.
- Serve hot with the garnishes of your choice.
Servings – 4
This recipe is from Saranga Agarwal, who is a dear friend of our family’s and one of the most innovative cooks I know
- From the Book ‘The Eat Right Prescription’ By Dr. Muffazal Lakdawala
Pic courtesy: http://healthyliving.natureloc.com
The views presented in this article belong to the author, and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of You & I.