Badam Hare Matar Ki Tikki is a delicious appetizer made with potato and flavorful Indian spices. Shingada Matar is prepared using Shingada or water chestnut, which is popular in west Bengal and Bihar. A chef from Taj Banjara has shared these mouth watering recipes.
Badam Hare Matar Ki Tikki
Roasted chana dal powder
- Peel and boil the potatoes. Mash them.
- Clean and blanch the green peas, and grind to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, and add garlic. Fry until golden, and add onions and green chilli. Fry for a few minutes.
- Add the pea and potato pastes, and cook until dry. Add salt, cumin powder, cardamom powder, chaat masala, lime juice and roasted chana dal powder. Mix well.
- Separate mixture into 16 equal parts, and form patties. Put some almonds on top of each, and shallow-fry until done.
- Serve hot.
Red chilli powder
- Heat oil, and add the shahi jeera and ginger-garlic. Stir for a few seconds, and add the shingada and green peas.
- Add the jeera, dhaniya and red chilli powders, followed by the Lahori gravy.
- Add butter and coriander leaves. Cook for a few minutes.
- Garnish with sliced shingada, coriander and ginger. Serve hot.