The deadly coronavirus has brought with it numerous types of new diseases and infections. One such rapidly spreading infection in people who recovered from coronavirus is black fungus.
What is black fungus?
Black fungus also known as mucormycosis is a fungal infection caused in those with weakened immune systems due to a health problem or an illness. This fungal infection affects the lungs or sinuses after inhaling fungal spores from the air.
Symptoms of black fungus-
- ● Headache
- ● One side facial swelling
- ● Sinus or nasal congestion
- ● Black lesions on nasal bridge
- ● Fever
- ● Heaviness below the eyes
- ● discoloration of oral tissues, tongue, and gums
- ● stuffy nose
- ● Brush twice a day- People who have recovered from Covid-19 are more susceptible to this particular infection due to continuous consumption of medications and steroids. These medications and steroids enable bacteria to grow in the lungs and brain. One of the effective ways to prevent the fungus from growing is to make sure you brush your teeth twice a day and go for regular oral checkups.
- ● Change your toothbrush after testing negative for Covid-19 - One of the ways to ensure you're not affected by the black fungus infection is after you tested negative for Covid-19 , you must change your toothbrush and rinse your mouth regularly to prevent infection. Keep your toothbrush in a separate holder.
-Akhila and Pic Courtesy: Pixabay.com